Why You Must Choose Studying MBBS Abroad?
Medicine is one of the most sought after profession by Indian students. However, the competition in India for getting an MBBS seat is quite difficult. There are 80,000+ MBBS seats in India and 15 lakh+ students taking the NEET examination. From this, one can clearly make out how tough the competition is for getting an MBBS seat in India. However, all is not lost for aspiring doctors. They can still study MBBS abroad. When it comes to pursuing MBBS abroad, students prefer countries such as Russia, Ukraine, Australia, China, the Philippines, and Georgia.
Are you planning to study MBBS abroad in 2021?
Here are the top reasons why you must do so.
1) Cost effectiveness
- Leading medical universities offering MBBS abroad courses at an affordable price.
- Foreign medical colleges provide quality education at a price much lower than India.
- The tuition fee to study MBBS abroad is quite low as you can get a scholarship.
- In most countries, the fee structure is inclusive of everything, including the hostel charges, food, etc.
- Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad can easily complete the entire course in INR 12-15 lakhs, which is just not possible in India.
2) No Capitation fee / Donation
- A majority of foreign medical universities have a fixed pricing structure.
- They do not demand extra money from the students for an MBBS seat.
- There is no question of donation or capitation fee or any extra cost.
3) MCI Recognized and Approved
- Majority of the foreign medical universities letting students study MBBS abroad are recognized and approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and other international bodies like WHO and UNESCO.
- Also, the degree awarded to a student from an overseas medical college in Ukraine, Russia, and other countries is globally recognized.
- This means that after obtaining the degree, students are free to carry out their medical practice not just in India, but anywhere across the globe.
4) Medium of Instruction
- Language is a major barrier for students who wish to go overseas for studies. However, this is not true when it comes to studying MBBS abroad.
- English is the language of instruction and communication used by nearly all top foreign medical institutes.
5) Sophisticated learning techniques
- Majority of foreign medical universities are equipped with modern technologies, ultramodern infrastructure, and world-class amenities.
- Learning techniques followed while studying MBBS abroad are quite advanced. MBBS colleges abroad make use of audio-visual aids and powerful technologies like augmented reality and virtual reality.
- In the final year of studies, the focus is completely on hands-on training for medical students where they are trained to look after patients in hospitals under the guidance of senior doctors.
6) Global exposure
- Opting to study MBBS abroad exposes Indian students internationally to students from foreign countries.
- Most foreign medical universities have tie-ups with leading international research institutes. This exposes Indian students to an ocean of knowledge and opportunities at an international level.
- Also, Indian students studying MBBS abroad get to participate in international conferences, seminars, and events.